Jay Kolster, a native of Lexington, MO, is currently the strength and conditioning coach for Van Horn High School and head baseball coach. Jay holds the Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association as well as a master’s degree in Exercise Science through the University of Central Missouri. Prior to this, Jay graduated from the University of Central Missouri with a degree in physical education and health.
Summary of Jay’s Work Experiences:
- Van Horn High School (Current)
- Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Head Baseball Coach
- Kansas City Royals, Strength Coach (2013)
- Simoneau Sports Performance, Kansas City, MO (2013)
- Cressey Performance Intern, Hudson, MA (2012)
- Lexington R-V School District, Lexington, MO (2007-2012)
- Head Varsity Baseball Coach (3 years)
- Head Varsity Softball Coach (2 years)
- Physical Education/Health Teacher (2 years)
- Assistant Baseball Coach (2 years)
- Higginsville American Legion Post 223 Head Coach (2008-2010)
- Speaker at the Missouri High School Baseball Coaches’ Association Annual Clinic (2 years)
As an athlete, Jay played baseball at Jefferson College (St. Louis, MO) and helped guide the team to a regional championship. Most recently, Jay competed in two Remax Long Drive Golf events, advancing to the regional competition both times.